Monday, October 17, 2011

fabulous, fabulous rain day/s

I wrote this post last week but our internet was on the fritz (like always, ugh) so here it is.
After a couple weeks of nothing so much as a cloud appearing in the sky or the 10-day forecast the rain finally came.. I like to believe that it was all due to the secret rain dances I had been doing with my mind. Either way, it was overdue. Last Thursday was the first day that I was able to spend its entirety at home since September 29th. Basically, we would get home nightly between 9:00-10, eat some semblance of what we were calling "dinner", possibly shower (on a good day), and grumble our way up the stairs to our bed to pass out. After 3 days last week being considered "rainy days" in the forecast, but never seeing so much as a drop of rain until quitting time anyways, it seemed like it was going to be a bust. Until Wednesday.. it started storming and pouring in the middle of the afternoon so we called it quits early.. Thursday morning we awoke to more rain :)

My day looked something like this:
   woke up at 7:30 because its pretty much impossible for me to sleep in anymore (darn becoming a morning person!)
   had my oatmeal & green tea w/ honey while cleaning up my messy messy kitchen
   laundry for a little while
   caught up on hours and hours of neglected television shows on our DVR (Pan Am, How to Make it In America, Hung, and as much as I hate to admit it.... I skimmed through Kim's Fairytale Wedding...)
   realized that my thighs aren't going to tone themselves and took a dive into the workout world once again... in my living room... using the Nike Training Club app on my iphone.. If anyone is looking for a good workout app, this is the one.. there's videos and a lady blabs at you when you are supposed to start, stop, and switch exercises. Pretty rad, if I say so myself
   went to bed early at 9pm because I wanted to

Now that I've had my rain day, I am not going to hope for any more. I want to be done with harvest as soon as possible so it doesn't interfere with us flying to California to see my new niece when she is born next month.. One thing I'm actually okay with about our schedule is that its finally forced me to become a "morning person"... Being a morning person has helped improve my attitude, for the most part. Also, my eating habits have improved. I eat breakfast regularly and it actually makes me feel energized for the most part. Looks like the health teachers were right.. My skin care regimen is actually gaining speed.. I wash my face every morning and use the products I'm supposed to be using, and what do ya know?.. My skin actually looks like its supposed to. Who'd a thunk it? I also make sure to put on some SPF 70 before I leave the house. After years of dabbling on & off again with tanning beds, I'm now an SPF freakazoid. I can already tell by the texture of my skin that it is happier.

I'll leave you with a view of our everyday lives this autumn
husband's rig (his Case IH Combine)

my rig (tractor + auger wagon= me chasing husband around the fields so he can transfer the grain he has in his combine into the wagon. Then I take my tractor and wagon and unload the grain from my wagon into the two sets of wagons so Chris's dad can haul the grain to the elevator

8 comments:

  1. haha i like how you said your legs aren't going to tone themselves. i think sometimes I believe this is going to happen but something won't come from nothing, right? and i'm glad you got your rain! i love a little rain fall plus it's romantic.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool! but that wind mill thing is SCARY! I hate driving through those wind fields because I feel like I am going to be attacked by aliens at ANY moment! haha cute blog, you have a new follower!

    xo,
    ashley
    adventures of newlyweds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is adorable! I was first drawn in because my sister's name is Janelle, so I instantly feel connected to you :) Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures!
    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah I so WISH my legs toned themselves :) Wouldn;t that be magical?
    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute blog! found you through Steph at the Sweet life! would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janell! I just wanted to stop by and say hello :) Thanks for following my blog! You've once again inspired/reminded me that I really need to get on top of the skincare regiment. I always stay up too late and by the time I'm finally ready to fall in bed the last thing I want to do is wash my face! ::sigh:: I better start taking "future Leslie" into consideration and start taking it more seriously :)

    Anyway, don't be a stranger! It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow girl. I'm impressed with your farming skills. I was shocked to discover reading this post that our thighs won't tone themselves. What? I'm in such big trouble. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies :) and yes, it was quite a shock when I came to the lazy thigh conclusion... I mean, isn't our body supposed to keep itself in shape? Hahaha...riiigghhht

    ReplyDelete

shoot me a line or two