Now that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (we will be done with harvest by Monday *fingers crossed*), I can finally discuss exactly how much I am looking forward to November.. Our November will be busy, busy, busy but only in good ways....
Here's the breakdown (chronologically, of course):
- Chris & I will be making a trek south to Louisville, Kentucky to attend the North American International Livestock Exposistion (or N.A.I.L.E.). As I've mentioned before, we raise purebred Hereford cattle (ya know, the pretty red ones with white faces). NAILE is a national livestock show (i.e. breeders from around the country select their best animals, give them baths, haircuts, & blowouts and lead them into a ring where they are lined up with peers their own age and judged on their beauty... Ya.. in Lehman's terms its pretty much a beauty contest for cows. We will be exhibiting our gals Izzie & a calf we own with another breeder, Trisha..
|Me, Samantha, & my sister Jenna in front of our playhouse|
- One of my besties, Samantha, is finally turning 21!!!!! Sam grew up across the ally from my sister & I in our hometown of 200.. We pretty much all grew up like sisters playing hide and seek with the neighborhood kids with the entire town as our playground (perimeter of town was 1 mi), doing cartwheels, laying out in our preteen bikinis on Sam's picnic table drinking kool-aid & eating grilled cheese sandwiches.. I'm already doing research on kool-aid flavored "adult beverages" for her inaugural night
- I will be moving on to the ripe-old-age of 25 on the 20th.. I've always loved the date of my birthday due to its close proximity to my fave holiday, THANKSGIVING.
- Sometime soon, we will be booking a one-way flight to California to meet our new niece!!!!!!!! I just received the personalized onesie I ordered for her off of Etsy and sat there in awe of how tiny the little trinket actually was.. Little toes, little fingers, little eyes, little smiles... lets just say I'm pretty excited to be a tiny somebody's auntie..
- One-way ticket to California, you ask? Yep.. Why? Because my husband is amazing.. A couple of days ago, during some down time that I didn't have to be cooped up in my tractor, I rode along with Chris in the cab of his combine and he did something.. One of the things I love MOST about him.. He proposed an aimless, surprise adventure. The kind of adventure that always yields our favorite memories.. We were talking about our California visit and I had mentioned staying a couple extra days to get a hotel room and just meander around San Francisco. He agreed and then countered with another proposition.. "What if we just rented a car and drove to Seattle along the coast?" We found really, REALLY cheap airfare one-way from Chicago to San Fran and even cheaper airfare to fly from Seattle back to Chicago.. Driving along Pacific Coast Highway from San Fran northward has been one of my major travel dreams for a long, long time. Even though its like an 800 mile trip by car, I still look forward to every mile... We're going to stretch it out over 4 days or so..I love driving long distances with Chris. There's hardly ever an agenda.. we just go where we please, stop where we want, listening to great music and laughing