Tuesday, April 15, 2014

lately

A few things..
Oil pulling! Have you heard of it? It's all the rage these days, or so I've been hearing. From what I understand, the act of swishing oil around your mouth for 20ish minutes, or oil pulling, is said to have many benefits. I've read a few articles on it and from what I understand, it can improve general oral health (healthier gums, whiter teeth, etc..). I've tried it 4 or 5 times and I'm noticing a slight whitening of my teeth, so that's good. The more I do it, the easier it becomes. The first time i tried it, I was weirded out by the texture change when the oil went from solid to liquid. I use about a teaspoon of coconut oil each time.

Mad Men! I can't accurately express how excited I am for the final season of the show. The first episode aired on Sunday night and it did not disappoint. In true Mad Men fashion, it was filled with foreshadowing that I'm sure has the masses of fan coming up with conspiracy theories about it already. I discovered Mad Men while in college a season into its story. I bought the 1st season dvd and binge watched it after classes. I was and still am hooked. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a penchant for all things retro and antique, but the 1960s have along been my favorite decade of interest. After watching Sundays episode I found myself wanting to buy an Austin Healy convertible and a robin's egg blue mini dress. I can't wait to see where this season leads. My one hope for the season is that Don can patch up his relationship with his daughter, Sally, and strengthen his relationship with his kids. His life is so broken in every other area but his kids are what really matter. I finally have something to look forward to on tv on Sunday nights again!

Last week we were graced with a couple beautiful days that felt like summer. The temps were in the 80s! Henry and I walked around the yard and played pretty much all day. Then yesterday happened.. The ground is once again WHITE. The grass that had greened up during the warm spell now peeks through the mottled blanket of snow. You win some, you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

shoot me a line or two