Wednesday, October 10, 2012

remember me? i'm back now


We are about 2 days away from being completely done with harvesting our crops.
This year marks the earliest we've ever been done with harvest, like, EVER.. at least as far back
as my father-in-law can remember... which is nice, because maybe, just maybe Chris and I can enjoy some fall-ish activities that we are usually too busy to take part in. Like hiking while the trees still have pretty leaves on them, or going for a long Sunday drive along the Mississippi river, or maybe carving some dang pumpkins :) Here's what my life has looked like in the past few weeks, via Instagram.

Oh technology, specifically GPS enabled automatic steering in our 
4 wheel drive tractor, how wonderful you truly are! I read an entire book
while you took care of the steering as we tilled up the soil together.


Windmills always make the sky look bluer in contrast

Here in our yard, the leaves are starting to turn and fall
       
Our new car

                              Oh, ya know, just the man that I love with all my heart

My rig for at least part of harvest


Serving breakfast to these lovely ladies


And last but not least, I have a secret to share....
This was taken this morning right before my 18 week prenatal appointment.
Chris & I are expecting our first child on March 13th, 2013 and we
are beyond excited. Happier than a clam, I am :)

13 comments:

  1. Yeah for finishing harvest! I think the guys around here are finishing up too! Hope you get to enjoy and relax now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, lots of relaxation is in order now that we've finished harvest. This rain we'be been having since yesterday had made perfect weather for it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Congrats on your upcoming big day, too! I'm sure you will make a gorgeous bride :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Your little baby bump is so darn cute! And I love your new car... my parents used to drive one of those when we were growing up and I miss it! Looking forward to your new adventures of mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I just stopped by your blog and saw some of the gorgeous wedding photos from you and Corey's big day! Congrats!!

      Delete
  4. I need to see this bump! Please can we play ~ now that you are almost done with harvest?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see it soon hopefully and we are officially DONE with harvest now!! We need to all get together soon instead of just me being stuck with the boys haha!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations girl!!! And welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, MANY congratulations girl! Just the cutest little baby bump!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

shoot me a line or two